Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Great New Social Media Tool for fundraising

Hi Everybody, this was another  productive week. I lost another pound so I am down to 240. That is 26 total pounds lost since May 19th. We also raised another $60 this week that put us over $2,100.00

It's the way I raised the $60 that is the best part. Trish Stone from Pathfinders suggested I check out www.crowdrise.com a new fundraising website. It's pretty simple, you load a picture add a description and then it allows you to mass invite people and notify via Twitter, Facebook and your email account. I set up my account in about 15 minutes and generated my first $50 donation in about 3 hours. The next day I generated another $10 donation, so it has been a very useful tool. It allows me to create a street team and people can "vote" for my fundraiser. The more fans I get the more points I get, the more votes I get the more points I get. The points have thresholds for additional donations and this website has a tracking bar on it to keep track of my total donations. So please go to www.crowdrise.com, become a fan, vote for my page and share this with all of your friends.

Thank you all so much for your help,

Together, we can do great things!

Mike S.

Stay tuned for a special video Blog on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment